Automated foaming test apparatus
The apparatus consists of a frame supporting two Pyrex jars (one for 24 and one for 93.5°C) and a control box with all the electronics. The equipment permits to perform the analysis automatically: it’s enough to pour the sample in the cylinder and to insert the cylinder in the jar. By pressing a button on the 8.4” touch screen display, the test sequence will be started: after a selectable waiting time, the prescribed 470 ml of air is blown into the sample in 5 minutes: an audible alarm alerts the user 30 sec. prior to the end of the blowing time. The apparatus permits also to record test data, diagnose and calibrate temperature and flow sensors.
- Powder coated steel frame supporting two Pyrex jars, one for tests at 24 and one for tests at 93.5°C.
- Aluminium covers, each with two holes for the graduate test cylinders: locking clamps to hold the cylinders in position and thermometer jacket for ASTM 12C thermometer on each cover.
- Electrical bath stirrer on the jar cover.
- Stainless steel heaters.
- Two stainless steel cooling coils in the 24°C jar: one permits to maintain 24°C in the jar by circulating tap water and one permits to cool down the air used in sequence II.
- Two or four electronic mass flow controllers with 0-200 ml/min scale and 0.1% F.S. precision.
- Electronic controller that permits to run the test completely automatically: selectable waiting, blowing and alarm time. The controller provides also to maintain the jars at the prescribed temperatures with 0.1°C accuracy. 8.4” touch screen display. Calibration, diagnostic and data storage routines. Temperature measuring elements: PT100 RTD.
- Operating range: from ambient to 100°C.
- One Ethernet, two USB and one serial port.
- Safety transparent shield surrounding 93.5°C bath.
- Safety devices against overheating and low level on both jars.
- Easy access control box: it can be removed in case of malfunctionment for easy transportation.
- English written user's guide and installation instructions.
- For 220V / 50Hz connections. Power consumption 2500 W.
- Dimensions (l x w x h): mm 1050 x 460 x 720. Weight: kg 55 approx.
- CE marked.